Our biggest fan Elle, Allana Hughes niece, kicks it after the race with Ramsey and Matt. Elle was broadcasted with her CWC cowbell on television rooting for plaid and houdstooth team. Go Ramsey…Go Matt. We heard this twice per lap thanks to our great fans.
The short distance between placing in the finishing sprint.
Memorable Notations and Lessons
- Sitting in near the front
- Several peripheral crashes took place each with there own sound effects including “ohh, !@#$ that hurts”
- Riding over and around a crash 300 meters out and sprinting into position
- Watching Ramsey own the third spot in the pace line all day long
- Don’t eat warm milk on your cereal or warm Odwalla protein race morning
- Conquer the zen like mind body disconnect and remain in focus
- Thank god returning home does not consist of 100 plus degree temperatures, Chevron refineries, or port-o-poddies, Truckee is a nice place
- The recovery ride following the race day was an epic 50 miler with some great friends
Watch a video of the first 10 minutes. Matt on the right, Ramsey on the left.